You can use the Pumpkin Puree you have made from one of our recipes.
- 460g Sugar
- 420g Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda (Bicarbonate of Soda)
- 1½ tsp Salt
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 4 Eggs slightly beaten
- 240ml Vegetable/Sunflower Oil
- 450g Cooked pumpkin See Pumpkin Puree recipe
- Preheat oven to 200C / Gas 5 / 350F
- Grease and flour two 20 x 10cm loaf tins
- Mix together the pumpkin puree, 4 eggs and oil until blended.
- In a second bowl mix together the sugar, plain flour, Baking Soda, Salt, Baking Powder, Cinnamon and Nutmeg. You could add 1/4 tsp of ginger if you like.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended.
- Pour the mixture into your greased and floured loaf tins.
- Cook for 70 minutes.
- The pumpkin bread is ready if a skewer pushed into the centre comes out clean.
You could serve with butter or cream cheese.