Pumpkin puree is the bases of many recipes such as Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Dip or Pumpkin Muffins.
- 2 small or 1 large pumpkin Smaller pumpkins often have a better flavour
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) Gas 5.
- Cut the pumpkin in half and scrape out the seeds and pulp.
- Place the pumpkin on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 45 minutes or until they are fork tender.
- When it is cool enough to touch, scrape the pumpkin away from the skin and then pulse the flesh using a food processor or mash.
You can keep in the fridge for up to 3 days. Pumpkin puree can be frozen for up to 3-6 months.