Pumpkin Seed Pesto
Try this pesto over roasted squash wedges, rice, pasta or jacket potatoes.
- 75 grams pumpkin seeds
- 1 garlic clove
- 50 grams flat leaf parsley
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and black pepper
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry frying pan over a low heat for a few minutes but be careful not to burn them.
- Put the pumpkin seeds, garlic and parsley in a food processor for 30 seconds and make a rough paste. Or crush them in a pestle and mortar.
- Add the parmesan then slowly pour in enough olive oil to make a pesto you could drizzle.
- Add a small amount of lemon juice if you like it sharpened and season with salt and pepper.
You can keep the pesto in the fridge for a couple of days or freeze for up to 2 months. Try watercress or basil instead of parsley.