- 1 medium sized pumpkin
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) Gas 5.
- Cut the pumpkin in wedges and remove the seeds. Place on a baking tray and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the ground chilli and coriander.
- Roast the pumpkin for about 30-40 minutes. When it is slightly caramelised check with a skewer that it is soft.
- Cook the other roughly cut vegetables in a saucepan over medium heat with olive oil until tender which will take about 15 minutes.
- Scoop out the flesh of the roasted pumpkin and add to the saucepan with the stock and nutmeg.
- Bring to the boil then simmer gently for 10 minutes and then blend. You might need to work in batches in a liquidiser.
- Reheat in a saucepan and season with salt & pepper.
The soup can be frozen for up to 2 months.