Roast Squash Wedges
Crown Prince squash works well for this recipe as roasting brings out its sweet nutty flavour.
- 500g crown prince squash
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sprig fresh or dried rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) Gas 4.
- Peel the squash with a sharp vegetable peeler or sharp knife. Remove the seeds and pulp and cut into wedges.
- To help cut a squash, particularly a Crown Prince which has a tough skin, place a damp tea towel underneath to stop it slipping and watch your fingers.
- Put the squash into a roasting tin and pour over the olive oil. Stir to cover and add sprigs of rosemary.
- Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes and baste once half way through. Leave until they are nicely roasted and tender.
Try adding goats cheese or feta and put back in the oven for five minutes until it has melted.