Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
If you are carving your pumpkins you are going to end up with loads of pumpkin seeds, so you could try roasting them, as they are delicious and healthy to eat or just sprinkle them over a salad or soup. The best pumpkin varieties for this are Baby Bear or Kakai which have ‘naked’ seeds.
- Pumpkin seeds
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Pull off the flesh and give them a good rinse in a colander then pat dry with kitchen roll.
- Spread the pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle them lightly with salt.
- Bake them for around 10 minutes, or until the seeds are lightly golden brown. Larger seeds can take up to 30 minutes.
- Leave them to cool down before eating or storing them for later.
You can flavour them how you like, so try chilli flakes or paprika.