Squash stuffed with leeks
This can be made with various small squash. Look out for Red Kuri, also called Onion Squash or Harlequin. A small Crown Prince would work well too.
- 4 small squash 400g or larger. Clean the outside of the squash.
- 2 leeks finely chopped Trim and wash the leeks
- 35g butter
- 4 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 250g strong cheese grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190°C Gas 5.
- Take a slice from the bottom of the squash so it can sit properly.
- Slice of a lid from the squash and keep. Remove the seeds.
- Melt the butter and add the chopped leeks. Once sizzling turn the heat down, put a lid over and steam for ten minutes. Take off the heat.
- Mix the Crème Fraiche, mustard, cheese and leeks together and 3/4 fill the squash.
- Add the lid to the squash and bake in the oven for around 50 minutes. This will depend on the size of the squash used.